2. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal data because: (a) it allows us to provide with you the Service offered through the Website, App, or other channels; (b) it allows us to respond to questions you or others may have about the Service or the information provided to you or others on or through the Service; (c) it helps us improve the Service and the information provided from or through the Service ; and (d) it allows us, with your consent, to post your comments and annotations and related information, and to provide other useful information on the Service. In addition, your personal data helps us communicate to you through the Service, as well as to provide additional related information and events about which you might like to hear. We also may correlate your personal data with information from other sources, including personal data we have obtained from or about you through our Service.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you in three ways: directly from your input, from third-party sources and public databases, and through automated technologies.
3.1 Data You Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and social media accounts and profile information;
Account login credentials, such as usernames, passwords, password hints, and similar security information;
- Account registration and profile information such as birthdate, marital status, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other biographical and demographic information;
- Your pet’s information, such as name, birthday, sex, characteristics, health conditions, behavior information, genetic information, medical history, medication history, care history, adoption history, and photos;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number(s);
- Comments, feedback, and other information you provide to us, including search query data and questions or information you send to customer support; and/or
- Communication preferences, including preferred language and preferred contact methods.
3.2 Data from Other Sources
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates’ or other third parties’ sources, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location in order to customize certain products and services to your location and enable certain Service features;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
3.3 Data from Your Use of the Service
We may automatically collect information about how you interact with the Service, including:
- Computer device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifiers and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, browsing history, search history, user activities, site traffic, and other analytics such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, language you used, pages you visited on the Service, as well as what you clicked on and the average time you spent on the website, Apps, and IP addresses;
- For location-aware Service, the region, city, town, or time zone where the Service is accessed or used, or your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world and enable certain Service features, subject to your choice of privacy setting as set forth in Section 5.4; and/or
- Inferences drawn from other personal information listed above, to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitude, and ability.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate, and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services, and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates, and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates, and third parties such as sponsors;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions, and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, auditing, reporting, and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are an administrator of an organization with a subscription to the Service, we will use your details to communicate with you about your organization’s subscription and related services. If you supply us contact information of your colleagues, we may contact those individuals with communications about the Service that may include references to you.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION 5.1 With Your Organization
If you access the Service through a subscription administered by your organization, your personal information and certain usage data gathered through the Service may be accessed by or shared with the administrators authorized by your organization for the purposes of usage analysis, subscription management and compliance, cost attribution, and departmental budgeting.
5.2 With Application Licensors
5.3 With Our Affiliated Companies and Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- Our affiliated entities, subsidiaries, and divisions that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and/or
- Our service providers, business partners, suppliers, agents, and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses, and shipping agents;
5.4 By Your Privacy Choices
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with sponsors, service provider, business partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, application host or publisher, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings. The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials, and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas. If you do not consent to the way in which we may share your information, please do not submit any personal data to us or through our Service.
5.5 For Legal Reasons
We also will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security, fraud, or technical issues; and/or
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of our Service, properties, rights, employees, users, or public interest;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets, reorganization, or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
6. YOUR COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES AND PRIVACY SETTINGS
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other privacy settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
7. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION 7.1 Your Account
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely your responsibility as a user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the Service or by contacting the Service’s customer support.
7.2 Your Rights
You have the right under privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- Access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- Restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- Portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
8. DATA RETENTION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting, and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. No Service of ours is designed to attract or target children under 13, nor are they intended for use by any children under the age of 13. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under age 13, you do not have permission to access or use our Service. If you believe that a person under 13 has provided us with his or her personal information, please notify us so that we can take reasonable steps to remove the information from our Service.
10. DATA SECURITY
We use a variety of administrative, physical, and technical security measures to help safeguard your personal information. Despite these efforts, however, no company, including us, can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized access or use, hardware or software failure, and other events may compromise the security of your information at any time, and we bear no liability for access or disclosure of person information or other data arising in connection with the theft of the information or other malicious action by any third party.
11. LOCATIONS OF PROCESSING
Subject to applicable laws, our personal information may be stored and processed in your country or another country where we and our service providers maintain operation and facilities. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
12. PRIVACY IN USE OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICES, COMPONENTS, AND LICENSES
User Privacy and Data Protection Team
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: 2F, Sungkwang BLDG, 2082-33, Nambusunhwan-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (zip code 08806)
14. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY Do Not Track Disclosure
As required by Section 22575 of the California Business and Professions Code, the following disclosure is made to California residents and to residents of other states:
We collect various types of personal data about you during the course of your relationship with us. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us to disclose the categories or specific pieces of personal data of yours which we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the prior year. In response to your written request, we are allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name if the third party will use such information for its direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to the e-mail address or postal address below with the words “CALIFORNIA OPT-OUT” in ALL CAPS in the subject line or clearly set forth elsewhere. Please include your postal address in your request. Within thirty (30) days of receiving your written request, we will provide you with a Third-Party Direct Marketing Opt-Out Form so you may request that your personal data not be disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
User Privacy and Data Protection Team
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Mailing Address: 2F, Sungkwang BLDG, 2082-33, Nambusunhwan-ro, Gwanak-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (zip code 08806)
Consumer Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA)
To the extent the California Consumer Privacy Act is applicable, with certain exceptions, including in connection with data subject to federal regulation (i.e., the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act California (GLBA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), or the Drivers’ Privacy Protection Act (DPPA)), contractual rights and obligations, and certain other exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to our data collection and data processing of California residents’ personal data which is collected in California, processed in California, or part of a transaction occurring in California:
2. The right to request the categories and specific pieces of personal data that we have collected about you in the past 12 months, the categories of sources for which that information is collected, the business purposes for collecting or selling the information, and the categories of third parties with whom the information is shared.
4. The right to not allow us to sell any of your personal data.
5. The right to have your personal data deleted, subject to certain exceptions.
6. The right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of the above rights. However, as explained, some or all of our Services necessarily require us to process your personal data, and share your personal data with certain third parties in connection with providing the Services. Therefore, and as explained above, exercise by you of certain of the above rights may impact our ability to provide the Services to you.
TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE, AND TO EXERCISE ANY OF THE ABOVE RIGHTS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT ANY OF THE BELOW AND INCLUDE THE WORDS “CCPA RIGHTS” IN ALL CAPS IN THE SUBJECT LINE, AND LET US KNOW THAT YOU WANT TO EXERCISE YOUR CCPA RIGHTS AND WHAT RIGHTS YOU SEEK TO EXERCISE.